Master’s Degree in Interpreting: Liaison, consecutive and simultaneous interpreting
Master’s Degree in Foreign Languages
English, Spanish and Portuguese; translation techniques; anglophone, hispanophone and lusophone civilization.
French language teaching diploma
Using the task-based language learning and teaching approach of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
Advanced Technician in International Trade diploma
Marketing, economics, market studies and international trade.
Professional development on proofreading and editing, computer tools, Wordfast, social media for translators, making the most of your dictionary, chasing terms on-line, translation of tourism texts, simultaneous interpreting techniques, voice over techniques, developing personal skills for professional excellence to achieve maximum professional productivity and effectiveness, building capacity to facilitate meetings, teams and group decision-making processes.
Advanced level English language workshops, FAO, Rome, Italy :
- Writing clearly and concisely; writing speeches; writing for the web
- Revising and editing documents; grammatical and linguistic pitfalls
Nutrition & Health course:
- Recommended dietary allowance; appropriate diets/food rations for different kinds of individuals; balanced diet determination methods; malnutrition and related health problems
Freelance translator, interpreter and language teacher
Translation language combinations:
- English, Spanish, Portuguese and Italian to French
- English, French, Portuguese and Italian to Spanish
Interpretation language combinations:
- Italian, Spanish to French
- French, Spanish to Italian
- French, Italian to Spanish
Language services provided:
- Liaison and simultaneous interpretation
- Writing and rewriting of text
- Tailor-made French and Spanish lessons
09/2011 – 05/2014Acorn house international school, Rome, Italy
La Casa della Ghianda/the Acorn House international school
French teacher (part-time) on 4 levels using games, multi-sensorial, interdisciplinary and task based language learning and teaching approaches.
- Beginners: French as a foreign language (7-9 years old students)
- Early childhood education to French speakers children
- Primary education to French speakers (5-6 years old students)
- Primary education to French speakers (7-9 years old students)
09/2004 – 02/2011Bioversity International (formerly IPGRI), Rome, Italy
Programme Assistant and Translator
Bioversity International (formerly IPGRI)
Main language completions:
- Translations from English into French of the background material on nutrition for the “Partnerships for mobilizing the Diversity in Traditional Food Systems to Ensure Adequate Nutrition and Health within ECOWAS Member State funded by Bioversity, FAO and WAHO" (Sept 2007)
- Simultaneous translations (whispering mode) from English into French at the International Scientific Symposium on “Biodiversity and Sustainable Diets: United Against Hunger”, FAO Headquarters, Rome, 3 to 5 November 2010
- Technical translations carried out into French and Spanish for seminars, meetings and workshops
- French proofreading of scientific papers/reports
- Spanish and French translations of Syngeta/IFPRI project on “Payment of Agrobiodiversity Conservation Services (PACS )” material (project information sheet and full project proposal)
- Translation of scientific presentations in English, French, Spanish and Italian
- Translation of meeting reports, Letters of Agreement (LoAs), Memorandum of Understanding, consultancy contracts and project proposals
- Copy editor and proof reader of publications for the French and Spanish languages.
03/2000 – 09/2004International Plant Genetic Resources Institute, Rome, Italy
Assistant and Translator to the Principal Scientist
International Plant Genetic Resources Institute (IPGRI)
Tasks included the followings:
- Technical translations of scientific presentations and official material from English into French, Spanish and Italian
- Proofreading of documents for the French and Spanish languages
- Editing material (scientific papers, travel reports, proposals) for syntax and language (English, French and Spanish)
- Drafting of official material in French, Spanish and Italian
10/1995 – 03/2000International Development Law Organization, Rome, Italy
Assistant and Translator, Training Department
International Development Law Organization
Duties performed included the following:
- Organization of seminars, courses, training workshops and staff interventions (budgets; correspondence in English, French Spanish Italian and Portuguese; visa assistance; organizing and scheduling travel commitments; internet information research.
- Drafting bids for training programmes financed by World Bank, EBRD, USAID and IADB.
- Simultaneous translations from Italian to French and from Spanish into Italian
- Translations carried out in Spanish, English, Italian, French and Portuguese (annual reports, training programmes, basic documents of the Institute).
09/1993 – 10/1995Studio Legale Internazionale Gambino, Rome, Italy
Trilingual Assistant and Translator
Studio Legale Internazionale Gambino
Assistance to a lawyer and law university professor (commercial law) in the preparation of his legal actions (correspondence in Italian and foreign languages, material gathering), legal translations from Italian into French, travel organisation, invoicing).
01/1994 – 09/1994COLORS magazine, Italy
Copy Editor from English into French
Proofreading and editing of the magazine (sponsored by Bennetton) COLORS, from English into French.
06/1993 – 11/1993Hiberexport, Moscow, Russia
Responsible for the relations with the forwarding agents in Spain, follow-up on imported goods, administrative support.